Here are a few of our favorite resources for helping parents navigate the challenging process of raising and educating our children. Also lookout for D41 announcements regarding math and Spanish Parent Academy workshops.
Glenbard Parent Series
The Glenbard Parent Series (GPS) facilitates real-world parenting skills and engages top experts in helping our parents become proactive and informed, as we strengthen home and community partnerships. Learn more…
Learning within D41
- Staff Directory and Teacher Websites
- Literacy Curriculum: Detailed insight into what students learn in each grade.
- Math Curriculum: Parent Brochures and Family Connection Letters at the bottom of every informative grade-level page.
- PBL at Lincoln: See PBL projects happening or completed at Lincoln for each grade.
- Problem-Based Learning (PBL): Learn about PBL and how it’s being implemented in D41.
- Common Core Standards and PARCC Assessment: Get the facts and links to additional resources.
Parent Guides to Common Core and More
- Parents’ Guides to Student Success: Published by the National PTA, covers Common Core Standards in math and language, provides at-home activities, and methods for building a strong teacher-parent relationships.
- Parent Roadmaps to Common Core: Published by the Council of the Great City Schools, covers Common Core Standards in math and language, provides at-home activities, and questions for partnering with the teacher.
- Special Education Toolkit: Educates families of newly diagnosed children with special needs on how to get the best special education, services and resources available to them.
- Health: National PTA resources for maintaining your child’s physical and mental health.
- Safety: National PTA resources regarding bullying, sports injuries, violence prevention, and more.
- Institute of Education Sciences: Evidence for what works in education.
- Edutopia: What works in education.
Students & Technology
- Digital Safety: Parent resources from the National PTA.
- Digital Safety: Parent tips on the Illinois Attorney General website.
- Parent’s Guide to Technology: Highlights safety tools available on popular devices.
- Tech Guide 4 Parents: Blog covers social media trends, apps, websites, parental controls tutorials, tips for talking to kids about internet safety, social media etiquette, and current news about kids and technology.
- Common Sense Media: The largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for movies, games, apps, TV shows, websites, books, and music. Features Parent Concerns and Parent Blog.