Joining Chess Club is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Pay the $25 Family Fee via Lincoln’s Webstore (abelincolnpta.org) or drop off in the Treasurers Box in the office. (We recommend 1st-5th grade students only)
- Sign the Chess Club Contract at your first meeting
- Show up and have fun!
Oct 3, 17
Nov 7, 14
Jan 9, 23
Feb 6, 20
Mar 6, 20
Chess Club will meet on Tuesdays in the Telemation Room from 6:30-7:30 PM. The Telemation Room is the large open space between the 4th/5th/Kindergarten rooms. Enter through door #29 on the west end of the building
We need 2 parent volunteers to help out each week. No Chess experience needed. Sign-up at http://signup.com/go/mrsWJmr
Chess Club Directions:
- Find a seat and set up your board until Mr. James matches you up with a partner.
- Play chess.
- Clean up.
If your child is interested, tournaments can be found on the following websites:
Want/Need More Practice At Home:
- We will give you a username for chesskids.com
- Another Free app: CHESS by Christope Theron
- How to Beat Your Kids at Chess by David MacEnulty
- How to Beat Your Dad at Chess by Murray Chandler
Chess Club T-shirts:
- Order Chess Club T-shirts (when availablE) on-line via Lincoln’s Webstore (abelincolnpta.org) by October 10th.
Thanks for your support. We are looking forward to another great year!
Jen Hart & Megan Lowrie