Family Tree Resale is an independent, local, family-owned social business. We are a charity-trustee of the State of Illinois.
We run a free voucher program for the local community, partnering with area schools and organizations. Local families in need utilize our vouchers to shop for free in our stores.
To date, Family Tree has donated back over $92,000 in vouchers to local families through our innovative program. We are the first resale operation we know of in the nation to service public schools.
We work very hard to offer an exceptional resale experience, with clean, quality items at very reasonable prices and friendly customer service.
How the Voucher Program Works
1. Any local school or organization can join our program at no cost.
2. People can then donate or shop at Family Tree on behalf of their school or group. These two activities earn vouchers for the partner.
3. We keep a tally of all donations and shopping done for each of our partners.
4. Quarterly, we count up and send out batches of vouchers to the social workers at each of our partner schools and groups.
5. The social workers distribute the vouchers to families in need who then come shop for free at Family Tree.
The Abe Lincoln PTA does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services.