SSPAC is an open group available to parents, teachers, and staff promoting awareness, education, advocacy, and acceptance of different learners within Glen Ellyn School District 41. The committee works with all District 41 schools to offer educational workshops to families and community members.
Group Co-Chairs 2017-2018
Joint email at email@example.com
School Liaisons 2017-2018*
Ben Franklin Susan Dudish-Poulsen firstname.lastname@example.org
Churchill Lisa Brooks email@example.com
Forest Glen Michele Choi firstname.lastname@example.org
Hadley Cricia Long email@example.com
Lincoln Susan Bjerning firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please contact your school liaison if you can’t make the meeting but would like more information about SSPAC
Who We Are
- District wide parent support group, sponsored by the PTA, who promotes awareness, education, support and acceptance of students with special needs and learning disabilities within District 41.
- Parent run organization provides parents with resources, networking opportunities and professional speakers at meetings held throughout the school year that are geared for parents.
- Join us for any or all meetings!
- You DO NOT have to volunteer to do anything to be a part of the group
- We cover a wide range of issues:
- Learning disabilities
- Sensory processing disorders
- Physical impairments
- Sample speakers are the D41 Director of Student Services, speech therapists, psychologists, occupational therapists and informal gatherings where parents can share their experiences.
- All parents and teachers are invited to attend our meetings and we’re open to all parents, not just those who children receive special education services.