2018-2019 Executive Board
Abraham Lincoln Elementary PTA is a group of parents and teachers who volunteer their time and talents to enrich the lives of our students. Our mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
PTA® comprises families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of family engagement in schools. PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth.
We have countless opportunities for both new and seasoned parents at all commitment levels to become involved.
- Join the PTA to support us, get Family Directory access, receive discounts, and more
- Volunteer to get in the school, meet other parents, and share your talents
- Attend a PTA Meeting to meet the Executive Board and voice your opinion
What We Do
With over 60 Committees, Abe Lincoln PTA:
Provides Enrichment Programs
- Student programs support literacy, arts, health, social-emotional wellness, and more.
- Family programs facilitate a social connection between parents and students at our school.
- Parent programs offer support, in-school volunteering, and the occasional night out.
- Community programs pool our schools’ resources to help those in need.
Shop everyday items with Amazon Smile or with Gift Cards. Look for special merchandise opportunities throughout the year and don’t forget to save your Box Tops!
Our services make life a little easier, safer, and a lot more fun!
Administers the PTA
Our Executive Board and Committee Chairs work to keep you informed, engaged with opportunities to meet and volunteer, and represented within District 41.
We are funded by membership dues, fundraisers, generous donations and community sponsors. Nearly 75% of our income supports student enrichment programs. Remaining funds support family and parent enrichment, community outreach, teacher and volunteer appreciation, services and PTA administration.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.